Dingley Baseball Club Winter Coach Vacancy
2017 Winter Club Coach Vacancy
The Dingley Baseball Club (DBC), a progressive and family orientated Club is seeking an Expression of Interest for a head coach to lead our club in the 2017 winter season. The Club currently fields seven Senior Teams, as well as Juniors U11s, U13s, U15s and two U17s in the Dandenong Baseball Association.
We are one of the larger clubs in the league with excellent facilities and a strong core of junior players coming through.
The successful applicant will be required to fulfill duties as Club Coach that includes the following:
- Develop, manage and oversee all the senior training sessions, as well as manage the ‘A’ team on game day. This would include working with a coaching panel to coordinate team selection.
- Create an effective learning environment for our junior players by providing positive assistance and support for our junior and senior coaching staff.
- Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate demeanor in all aspects of Club life, and in dealings with players, parents and supporters.
- Attend and actively promote social functions within the playing group and coaching staff.
- Attend monthly in season committee meetings to report on senior program and any associated opportunities.
The successful applicant must possess the following qualities and attributes:
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills on and off the field.
- Ability to plan and implement appropriate and well managed training program for the Senior Teams.
- Ability to work and communicate with Junior Coaches/players.
- Lead by example of what is required to be a club member and team player on and off the field.
- Have strong communication skills with the Committee, members and players.
The successful applicant must be experienced, dedicated and suitability qualified to fill the role as a playing or non-playing coach. Our club is a social, family orientated club, passionate about supporting its coaches and developing its players.
Written applications are now invited, if you feel you have the necessary skills and attributes we encourage you to apply to Club Secretary – Kirsten O’Callaghan kirstenoc_DBC@optusnet.com.au
Applications close January 6, 2017. Applicants will be shortlisted from emails received and will be interviewed by a subcommittee panel. Remuneration and conditions of appointment are negotiable.