The DBA is seeking the services of an association club member to fill the role of Coordinator for the expanding Rookie Ball program for the 2023 season.
This person may have a relative taking part in the Rookie Ball program, but this is not essential.
This person will have excellent skills working with children, to ensure that the participants gain the most enjoyment out of the program, along with learning the basics of baseball.
The successful coordinator will be required to:-
- Be in attendance at each scheduled competition time during the season to assist the host venue in setting up the playing areas.
- Manage the DBA equipment which is supplied for the program.
- Keep attendance each week to satisfy DBA and BV participation requirements.
- Identify areas where the program can improve, for the benefit of the participants involved.
- Provide regular feedback to the DBA executive on the progress of the participants.
The Rookie Ball Coordinator will primarily report to the Junior Competition Coordinator.
The Coordinator will receive the enjoyment of assisting the DBA member clubs with expanding their participation, along with the fun of assisting teaching new juniors the love of baseball, along with a small honorarium for their time.
To apply, please email Gavin Daniels: juniors@